The Goerli testnet merger, the third and final Ethereum (ETH) testnet merger before the blockchain transitions to proof-of-stake (PoS) from the current proof-of-work (PoW) mechanism, appears to have been successful.
The merger is a long-awaited upgrade of Ethereum, when the current Ethereum mainnet will merge with the Beacon chain’s PoS system. Two previous test network mergers, Ropsten and Sepolia, were largely successful, and Goerli appears to be successful as well.
“In my opinion, the probability that the merger will happen next month has increased significantly,” said Lucas Nuzzi, head of research and development at CoinMetrix.
The final transition to PoS is estimated to happen around September 20th.
– Poll – USDCoin Will Overtake Stablecoin Tether in the coming years
– US inflation slows in July, Bitcoin and Ethereum surge
– Vitalik Butrin: Ethereum’s proof-of-work fork does not significantly harm Ethereum
– Hayes apologizes for calling Ethereum a shitcoin
– MicroStrategy’s Michael Silver says stepping down as CEO will allow him to focus more on Bitcoin
– As millions of dollars are stolen, the price of SOL will decrease